Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Pregame Speech.......

Every big game begins with the moving speech by the coaching staff before the battle begins, so by this reasoning, a good blog should begin the same way, correct?

Instead of a speech though, lets begin with a little introduction of myself and my vision for the blog.

My name is Tighe, a 2010 alumni of The Pennsylvania State University. I've always been a fan of Penn State football, however like many in my generation I feel that this fire really started burning during that unforgettable 2005 game against Ohio State. At this time I was still making my college decision, but was leaning towards PSU. What really sealed the deal for me was seeing how over 100,000 people in that stadium all had one common love for a University (not a football team). There is something special about Penn State, and football is that one common factor amongst most who have anything to do with the University.

During my years at Penn State, I was one of the 20,000 student ticket holders. Football Saturdays were a ritual for my group of friends and I. Waking up, blasting the Fight Song, Zombie Nation, and other Penn State youtube videos out of our 5th floor Calder Commons window to the fans at the Hooter's (now Kildares) bottle shop, walking our way up hours before game time to tailgate and share our love of the team with others of all ages. Finally, the best part of the day, entering the stadium!

I will be skipping this paragraph, as most of you already know the electric inside of Beaver Stadium, and if you do not, get to a game ASAP.

Lets fast forward to today, I'm now 3 years out of school, and quite possibly an ever bigger fan now that I was back then. The fire never died out inside of me. All throughout the work week, I'm constantly reading every possible article written about Penn State, whether it be recruiting, past game review, next game preview, big ten articles, or even opinion pieces. Recently I thought, why not give it a shot of my own, so I created this blog. Here you can expect to find my Pre and Post game reviews, my opinions on articles I find throughout the week, experiences from my Penn State football past and my view of the future. I hope that this generates a lot of buzz and provides a forum for Penn Stater's and even other CFB fans to express their opinions. For now, I'll leave it at that, and hope to see you again soon.......

WE ARE......

No comments:

Post a Comment